All producers and manufactorers know that a product has an impact on the environment. Like all the other manufacturers we must realize that we are affecting the environment in our production of Zipwear.
Just as you must realize that you as a consumer have an impact in the same way.
Well, as consumers, we should all at least buy quality goods that we use until they are exhausted. Don’t buy a new pair of Ziplongs every year just because the new ones look better.
As manufacturers, there is much we can do. This is what we in the Northern Playground is doing today:
- 1. We produce close to the market (Lithuania) to reduce transport
- 2. We use fabrics that are recycled (for the Polartec products)
- 3. We use recycled cardboard in our packaging.
- 4. We make quality products that are meant to last
- 5. The wool we buy is mulesing free
- 6. We are soon launching our own line consisting of organic wool
- 7. We try to think green in everything we do. Many manufacturers make green concepts in order to market themselves as green. It is not enough to pretend
We work with the Norwegian Development Fund to reduce our CO2 emissions
The Norwegian Development Fund is a pioneer in development and environmental work and how these two complex areas can be combined.
It was therfore a natural for us to cooperate with them. How do we work together? Northern Playground gives a sum of money for every product we sell through our own website to tree planting projects in Africa. This means that for every product we sell, there will be planted x number of trees that can absorb CO2.
In other words, a self-imposed environmental tax.