Just like us, clothes go through different phases. The traditional model starts with a designer guessing what will be popular in the not-so-near future. Next, one guesses how many garments to make. The result of this guessing is absurd amounts of overproduction, as these clothes often don't get any further than the company's warehouse.
Together with you, we want to challenge this outdated model. Our alternative consists of five phases:
Both we and our customers have tons of product ideas. We used to develop these ideas in a tiny room in downtown Oslo, playing a guessing game like everyone else. But to make clothing that the public really want means that we have to work with the public instead. That means engaging people like you, from all over the world, who want to make the best clothes possible.
There are two ways you can make your mark on our next garment:
- You provide feedback on our ideas and design suggestions.
- You send in an original idea that we develop with you and others.
Everything we design must be inline with our design philosophy. Read it here.
An amazing idea with a brilliant design doesn't necessarily mean that the garment will be sold and loved. To avoid making clothing that never gets further than our warehouse, we check the interest in the product with you before starting production. By doing things this way, we don't need to loan as much money for the production. We also avoid overproducing garments that never sell. The money we save in the process goes back to you, in the form of a nicer price on all products in this phase.
Here's how it works:
- The product only gets sent to production if we reach our reservation goal. If the goal is 300, you and 299 others must reserve the garment in order for it to get made.
- If you reserve a garment, you won't be charged until we know if it will be made. When you make a reservation, we register your payment details so that we can charge you when production starts. You will, of course, be notified before you are charged.
- If we reach our goal, production starts. It can take anywhere between 1 and 5 months before the garment is finished and can be delivered to you.
- If we do not reach our goal, your reservation will be cancelled and you will not be charged.
No matter the result, we will keep you updated about the progression of the evaluation, so that you get an unfiltered version of what is going on on our end.
The garment you have helped us develop is in production. To begin with, we only produce a small amount to be sure that this is a classic that deserves to be in our collection for many years. If you haven't already reserved the garment, you can in this phase preorder and make sure you receive one from the very first batch.
The garment is in stock at our warehouse and ready to be worn on your next adventure.
Only the very best ideas get to this phase in our process. But even though the garment is top quality, looks good and is loved by you, we will never stop developing. There is always room for improvement. With your feedback, we can continue perfecting our garments together.
What happens when a garment has gone through the process, joined you on many adventures and is getting a little tired out? We help you take care of your garments so they can live as long as possible. All of our products come with a lifetime service. If you have a hole or a tear, we will repair it for you until your product is completely worn out. Read more about our lifetime service here.