We strive to make clothing that will last you a long time. The great thing about wool is that usually it can easily be repaired after some wear and tear. If you were to be unlucky and get a hole in your wool, we suggest giving it a new life by repairing it, instead of throwing it away.
There are multiple ways to do this. This is ours
HOW TO FIX A HOLE IN YOUR WOOL
In fabric stores you can buy iron-on patches in many different shapes and colors.
To achieve a neutral repair look, we offer yarn in the same color as your product to sew the hole. We also suggest ironing on vliseline in the areas that are especially exposed. Vliseline is a stabelizing material. When repairing a garment that is constantly under pressure, like Ziplongs®, we advise to both sew and use vliseline. If you are repairing a garment in wool and silk, sewing the hole usually does the trick.
1. Lay the Ziplongs® flat with the back of the hole facing up. Measure and cut a piece of vlieseline so that the hole is fully covered.
2. Pinch the hole tight so that gap disappears. Follow the garments form as well as possible.
3. Place the piece of vlieseline over the hole, glue side face down. Make sure the hole doesn't open up.
4. Iron the vlieseline on the hole so it sticks to the fabric.
5. Now you're ready to sew from the front. Use black thread for a natural result, or a contrast color if you want it to pop!
6. Start at one of the ends. Sew with double thread for more "fill". Make a knot with the first stitch so that the thread is fastened.
7. Now sew from that end of the hole, through the vlieseline underneath, and up again on the other side of the hole. Make sure to sew close stitches, so that all of the masks in the fabric are caught in the thread.
8. When you're done sewing, fasten the thread on the inside with a knot. Do this 2-3 times in different places to make sure it's locked in place.
9. Cut the thread right off when you're done tying.
10. If you want you can trim the vlieseline around the seam, but it's not necessary.
11. Not invisible, but ready for use and as good as new! A small scar that reminds you of how well you've used your Ziplongs®.
Do you have a worn out Ziplongs® or a question about repairs? Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you!