The Last Pants 5
- Use and care+
- Environment and footprint+
- Pricing and production+
This is the 5th and final version of The Last. We still have some units of the 4th generation available at a lower price, which you can view and order here. The key changes from generation 4 to generation 5 are:
- Wider leg openings
- Improved ankle tightening – now featuring a flap with three adjustment options
- Waist belt with an effective tightening mechanism that is easy to adjust
- New waistband details for a cleaner look
- New type of button at the waist, secured with a strong band to prevent wear on the main fabric
- Larger openings in the knee pockets for easier use – now at the bottom instead of the top
- Improved fit in the crotch, knees, and inside leg for better mobility
- The sharp edge on the zipper pocket near the waist on the inside of the pants has been removed
- The washing instructions have been moved inside one of the zipper pockets
These changes are based on in-house expertise and feedback from over 300 testers. Last but not least, the 5th generation comes with the repair and maintenance service we offer. We are now introducing a new concept for repair and maintenance that comes with the garments we sell. More information about what this entails will be available shortly.
Sign up for the waitlist here.
USE MORE +
This product is made with durable materials and in a timeless design. This helps ensure that you can use it for many years, but its lifespan also depends on how you take care of it. If you take good care of your product and repair it when needed, you will be able to enjoy it for a very, very long time. We're here to help with that through Use More +, a service that gives you help on fixing and caring for your product, and one free repair of this product. Read more about Use More + here.
DEVELOPED WITH OUR CUSTOMERS
Over the past two years, The Last has been tested and developed by over 200 people. Based on their feedback (see here or read the comments at the bottom of this page), we have made improvements and developed the products that are in stock now.
If you are interested in helping us take these products even further, order your pants above. (Order the jacket here.) In return for your contribution we have lowered the price of the pants (full price: 750 Euro).
ONE PAIR OF PANTS FOR EVERY ACTIVITY
This project started with developing outerwear for hiking and skiing. After testing prototypes, this has evolved into creating the only pants you would need on a northern road trip. Imagine going on a trip without an agenda; you might go skiing, to the movies, climbing, hunting, cycling, sailing or just hang out in the sun. And imagine that you only have room for one pair of pants. That is what The Last will be. Many people can't imagine only having one pair of pants for every activity. We wish to challenge that misconception. Own fewer clothes and pack less. That is the essence of our philosophy.
Sign up for the waitlist here.
MADE IN ORGANIC COTTON
The pants are made in legendary organic Ventile. You can read more about the fabric here. Here are a few benefits:
Wind and water resistent
Ventile is amazing in any situation. The only exception might be hours of pouring rain, but a big part of Ventile's fame comes from the its technology that keeps wind and water out. (It was originally developed for fire hoses.)
The fabric is relatively light and breathes very well. Unlike GoreTex, Ventile is also comfortable against the skin.
With Ventile you can sit as close to the campfire as you desire. Because they are 100% cotton, the pants are very heat resistent and will not melt. They also won't catch fire easily because the fabric has such high density.
Ventile is known for its patina – it ages well. That is also a key element in our design philosophy: Timeless. We have researched pants from the past 100 years, and have reached a cut, design and color palette that won't go out of style for the next 100 years.
Sign up for the waitlist her.
5. Extra large pocket on thigh with water repellent YKK zipper. On the inside of the pocket there is an inner pocket for a beacon with an elastic band and a hook.
7. Fitted knees with an extra layer of Ventile24 on the inside. The double layer makes the knees more durable and more water resistant. The extra layer has an opening on the top for kneepads.
11. YKK zipper for opening for wider leg openings. When fully opened the legs are 11 cm wider and can fit over large boots.
See all features under Details further up on the page.
Below is a summary of the most important updates we have made based on feedback from previous testers.
We have reinforced all weak points discovered during testing to ensure more durable pants. Testers also asked for less of a contrast between the color of the shoulder reinforcement and the main color of the pants, which will be implemented in the next round. Reinforced areas:
- The "garage" at the bottom of the side zippers
- The bottom edge of the pants
- The crotch
We also made some practical changes to the pants to make them more comfortable and useful. For example:
- The loops for suspenders have been placed closer to the middle on the largest sizes, so the suspenders do not fall down as easily
- The thigh pockets are slightly smaller and have been moved a little off to the sides
This product is now in production. Preorder to make sure one becomes yours.
To make sure we make clothing that can last a lifetime, we need your feedback. In our Community you can contribute in the development of new and existing products. Have thoughts on anything we should do different or a question about the product? Join our Community and the discussion below!