The Wool Fleece Hoodie
- Use and care+
- Environment and footprint+
- Pricing and production+
BEHIND THE SEAMS
7 reasons why we love The Wool Fleece Hoodie:
- Wool's versatility: The jacket is made of wool, making it perfect against the skin, as a mid-layer, and as an outerwear piece.
- Organic wool: Both the sheep, the farmer, and the environment are well taken care of.
- Reinforcements in vulnerable areas: Ensures longer-lasting use, even in demanding conditions.
- Made in Lithuania: We can regularly visit the production site to ensure the well-being of workers.
- Classic and timeless design: The jacket will look great now and for many years to come.
- Adjustable cuff length: For customizable length and the option to wear with or without thumb holes.
- Comes with Use More +: Help with maintenance and repairs.
USE MORE +
This product is made with durable materials and in a timeless design. This helps ensure that you can use it for many years, but its lifespan also depends on how you take care of it. If you take good care of your product and repair it when needed, you will be able to enjoy it for a very, very long time. We're here to help with that through Use More +, a service that gives you help on fixing and caring for your product, and one free repair of this product. Read more about Use More + here.
AREAS OF USE
We try to make sure that all our products can be worn in pretty much any situation, so really your imagination is the only one setting boundaries for what this jacket can be used for. Think of it as your go-to around the campfire, the first thing you put on when hitting the couch after a long hike, and a great friend under your shell on cold days. Other possible areas of use:
- Climbing at the crag
- Walking the dog
- Sipping hip coffee with a date
- Eating waffles at your mother-in-law's
- Under your shell on the slopes
- In your sleeping bag at sunrise at 61°27′41″N 7°52′19″Ø
DESIGNED FOR A LONG LIFE
A key part of the design phase was to create a jacket that lasts a long time. During development we focused on the many years of wear and tear it will undergo, and made sure to give it a timeless design. At the base of our design philosophy is the simple fact that there is no such thing as sustainable materials. The only thing that really makes an environmental difference is less consumption. This jacket is therefore made with reinforcements in exposed areas that are easy to replace when necessary.
You've probably heard of fleece, but do you really know what it is? Opposite to what most people think, fleece isn't a fiber. The word actually describes the appearance of a material, and was originally used to describe part of the wool. By using wool fleece instead of polyester you receive all of the obvious advantages of wool. In addition, we are able to stick to natural materials. Last but not least, you get a comfortable garment with great insulation.
WOOL FLEECE VS. POLYESTER FLEECE
A downside of polyester is that it is made of oil and sheds micro plastic. Most people know this and still prefer polyester fleece because they think it breathes better as a mid-layer. Research from Austria referred to in Randulf Valles book "Why Does Being Wet Make You Feel So Cold" clearly shows that moisture is transported away from the body more efficiently when wearing a wool mid-layer. Try it yourself! Not to mention, wool is "self cleaning" and doesn't get smelly like polyester. That means that you can wash a wool jacket far less than a polyester jacket, and save both your clothes and the planet.
- Long and comfortable neck
- Roomy hood that stays on
- Side pockets with zippers
- Dual zipper in front
- Chest pocket with room for cell phone
- Subtle logo on chest pocket
- Reinforcement on elbows
- Reinforced cuffs
- Hidden thumb hole
- Matching pants (see here)
This product is now in production. Preorder to make sure one becomes yours.
To make sure we make clothing that can last a lifetime, we need your feedback. In our Community you can contribute in the development of new and existing products. Have thoughts on anything we should do different or a question about the product? Join our Community and the discussion below!