The Last Jacket 5
- Use and care+
- Environment and footprint+
- Pricing and production+
This is the 5th and the final version of The Last. We still have a few pieces of the 4th generation available at a lower price, which you can view and order here. The key changes from generation 4 to generation 5 are:
- Improved tightening at the bottom
- A larger mobile pocket on the left chest
- Longer zippers under the arms
- Pullers on the zippers under the arms for easier opening and closing
- Smaller patches on the elbows
- A new design for the label on the inside
These changes are based on in-house expertise and feedback from over 300 testers. Last but not least, the 5th generation comes with our repair service. We are introducing a new concept for repair and maintenance that will be included with the garments we sell. More information about this will be available shortly.
USE MORE +
This product is made with durable materials and in a timeless design. This helps ensure that you can use it for many years, but its lifespan also depends on how you take care of it. If you take good care of your product and repair it when needed, you will be able to enjoy it for a very, very long time. We're here to help with that through Use More +, a service that gives you help on fixing and caring for your product, and two free repairs of this product. Read more about Use More + here.
DEVELOP WITH OUR CUSTOMERS
Over the past two years, three rounds of The Last have been tested, evaluated and developed by around 150 people. Based on their feedback we have improved and developed today's version.
If you are interested in helping us develop these products, order your jacket above. (Order the pants here.) In return for your contribution we have lowered the price of the jacket (full price: 850 Euro).
ONE JACKET FOR EVERYTHING
The goal behind The Last is to create the only jacket you need on a road trip in the northern hemisphere. Imagine going on a trip without an agenda; you might go skiing, to the movies, climbing, hunting, cycling, sailing or just hang out in the sun. And imagine that you only have room for one jacket. That is what The Last will be. Many people can't imagine only owning one jacket. We're here to challenge that misconception. Own fewer clothes and pack less. That is the essence of our philosophy.
MADE WITH ORGANIC COTTON
The jacket is made in legendary organic Ventile. You can read more about the fabric here. Here are a few benefits:
Wind and water resistant
Ventile is great in any situation. The only exception might be hours of pouring rain, but a big part of Ventile's fame comes from the technology that keeps wind and water out. (It was originally developed for fire hoses.)
The fabric is relatively light and very breathable. Unlike GoreTex, Ventile is also comfortable against the skin.
With Ventile you can sit as close to the campfire as you desire. Because it is 100% cotton, it is very heat resistent and will not melt. It also won't catch fire easily because the fabric has such high density.
Ventile is known for its patina – it ages well. That is also a key element in our design philosophy: Timeless. We have researched jackets from the past 100 years, and have reached a cut, design and color palette that won't go out of style for the next 100 years.
1. Large hood that fits over helmets. Drawstring for adjustments in front and back.
4., 9. & 12. Reinforcements in shoulders, cuffs and elbows in ECO 400, a more robust material for better durability and extra protection from rain.
13. Water repellent YKK zippers make for easy ventilation under the arms.
15. Oblique cutting for extra protection around wrists.
See all technical details under Details further up on the page.
Below is a summary of certain updates we have made to the products based on feedback from previous testers.
We have reinforced all weak points discovered during testing to ensure a more durable jacket. Testers also asked for less of a contrast between the color of the shoulder reinforcement and the main color of the jacket, which will be implemented in the next round. Reinforced areas:
- A larger area on the shoulders and neck to protect from backpack straps
- The seams between shoulders and arms to avoid water intake
- Bottom edge
We have changed multiple elements to achieve a cleaner and more neutral design. For example:
- The drawstring in the hood is now hidden for better protection and a nicer look
- The velcro lift the back of the jacket is now hidden to avoid wear and for a cleaner design
- Mesh has now been replaced by Ventile on the inside of the jacket to ensure a nicer design and less plastic
- Zippers in the sides are removed. These were originally used to lift and air out the back, but the function can still be used without the zippers.
Last but not least, we made some practical changes to the jacket to make it more comfortable and functional. For example:
- A "garage" has been added to the top of the zipper to avoid a cold and hard zipper resting against the chin
- An extra pocket has been added to the pocket bag on the inside of the jacket for storing smaller items
- The length of the jacket is now 3 cm shorter than the first rounds, after feedback from multiple testers. (The green jacket pictured is an even shorter version, and the next jacket will be slightly longer. See exact measurements in the size guide below.)
This product is now in production. Preorder to make sure one becomes yours.
To make sure we make clothing that can last a lifetime, we need your feedback. In our Community you can contribute in the development of new and existing products. Have thoughts on anything we should do different or a question about the product? Join our Community and the discussion below!